As you may know, I’ve made a list of 30 things that I want to do before I’m 30. Some are silly, some are hard, some are super easy, but no matter, they make for great fodder for the blog and for life!
Number 9 on my list is to host a non-sports-related and non-housewarming party at my house
Again, just like last month’s entry, I have no proof of this thing that I’ve done to help complete this list of things that I apparently really want to do but refuse to provide proof that I did it beyond some nonsensical lines on a personal blog.
We did it. We had a party on my birthday, but it wasn’t a birthday party. Happy Birthday was sung, and some people brought gifts (though I told them not to), but really it was just a time to get together with friends. Here are my random thoughts on the subject:
1) ask people to BYOB and ask good friends to bring an easy dish. This is perfectly acceptable and makes preparations way easier.
2) have some background noise going. Old HIMYM episodes streaming off Netflix is more than appropriate
3) When your dog starts being mean to small children, put him up. This is not his party.
4) Wear your favorite outfit and then just say thank you when people say how much they like it. “This old thing?” is no longer an appropriate response.
5) Do not put on sports unless it is a sports party. This is a surefire way to divide the crowd quickly.
6) Talk to everyone and be cool when everyone is talking to each other and you can just sit back and marvel at what awesome friends you’ve assembled in your life.