As you may know, I’ve made a list of 30 things that I want to do before I’m 30. Some are silly, some are hard, some are super easy, but no matter, they make for great fodder for the blog and for life!
One of my 30 things was to dye my hair red. I’ve dyed my hair black, I’ve added copper-reddish highlights, and for most of my life I’ve gone natural. But I’ve always wanted to go red. The 30 things list just gave me a deadline to do it, which was what I needed to just finally get it done.
It is really awesome to be a redhead. When I first did it, I felt like I belonged in a comic book, it was so red. Now it’s faded so it looks a little more natural, and a little less like I’m going to be in a 3D movie.
Here are some things that I didn’t know about being a redhead.
1) My personality is the same. I don’t know what I thought… maybe that I would be more sassy or louder or something. But no, I’m still me, I just do a double take sometimes when I’m looking in the mirror. This makes me think that blondes don’t actually have more fun. But I’m not going to go blonde to find out.
2) I have to do my makeup differently. I’d gotten into a routine with my eye makeup, and it honestly just didn’t work with the red, but I’m working it out.
3) I can wear most colors, but some of my go-to colors don’t look as awesome as they usually do. And so now I’m trying to find the colors that look more awesome. Those colors do not include bright orange, which I learned quickly since my uniform is a bright orange polo shirt.
4) I don’t know if I’ll keep it, but I definitely won’t be afraid to go back to this color.
5) The weirdest thing? Andrew Garfield hasn’t called. I know, right? I figured I’d just go red and he’d show up wanting to hang out, but whatever…
Have you ever gone red?