Last year I blogged through Glamour’s 30 things to have and know before you’re 30 List. I came to the conclusion that those lists should be used for ideas and guidelines, but really you should make your own list. I have about 2 and half years before I’m 30, so I decided to make my own list… some of these things might seem silly or might need an explanation… but that’s what future blog posts are for!
1) own a home
2) host a guest, not on the couch
3) travel the Mediterranean
4) have a signature drink
5) learn to change a flat tire
6) get rid of any clothing that I have that I bought while I was in high school
7) color my hair red
This would be the goal. That’s possible, right?
8) open my own Roth IRA or similar type of retirement fund
9) host a non-sports-related and non-housewarming party at my house
10) play a round of golf with The Guns
11) spend a week only eating homemade food
12) write a fan letter to Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, respectively (no one wants a joint fan letter)
13) write 5-10 thank you notes to women who influenced my 20s
14) volunteer for an organization and/or charity
15) learn some basic sewing skills
16) learn to tie a tie
This should not be that difficult.
17) learn to filet a fish (you are beginning to see The Guns’ influence on this list)
18) make a 5 course meal
19) get new headshots
20) record a new outgoing voicemail message
21) clean up my online life (joined facebook almost 10 years ago now… there are photos to be untagged)
22) drive through the Florida Keys
23) choreograph a new work
24) publish something new
25) develop a fitness plan that I can maintain
26) sell/trade in old electronics before they become unsellable
27) buy a bike or scooter
28) leave a huge tip at a restaurant
29) take a ballroom or swing dance class
30) to be revealed at a later date (because I’m still trying to decide if I have the nerve)
Admittedly, I put some things on the list because I KNEW they would happen, but my blog my rules.
What do you think of my list? What would you put on your list?
All photos link back to their original source.