It was about a month ago that we were sailing through the French Polynesian Islands and I did a very poor job of conveying their beauty, culture, and all the fun things we did.
I have to say, I’m not going to do that much of a better job now. But I will give you a list of things you should see, do or try should you ever be in Bora Bora, Raiatea, Tahiti, Moorea, or Nuku Hiva.
1) Find a pretty beach and enjoy it.
2) Take pictures. Pretend you’re in Jurassic Park.
3) Eat at a food truck (a roulette)
4) Ride in an open air truck.
5) Buy a black pearl, vanilla, or a pareo from a local shop or market.
6) Watch some Polynesian dancing
7) Eat some fresh local fruit.
8) Eat poisson cru (like ceviche, but with coconut milk in it)
9) Make a canine friend. Or a chicken friend.
10) Say “bonjour” to the locals.
Have you been to French Polynesia? What’s on your to do list?